Friday 27 April 2018

Thanks for saving my life

Once again I need to say thank you to altruistic strangers for saving my life. Thank you for the gift of life in this bag of blood. Your donation made a 7 year girl very happy because I was there to see what she had leaned in gym club. You also made boys aged 10 & 12 happy because I can still give them football tips and watch them play. Their 14 year old brother is happy that I’m still here to discuss psychology with him because he has just started to study it for GCSE. 
When you give your 10 minute donation you are not just saving my life but having an impact on all those who love and care about me too. 

Bringing you up to date on my news I went away for a lovely week in Ireland. It was great to breathe some mountain air and chill out. Unfortunately we’d only been there one day and o got a cold. The problems of a low immune system and being in public. 

I contacted Kings and on their advice went to see the GP in the village to get some extra antibiotics. 

I arrived back last night and as requested went to Kings for a once over this morning. They gave me some blood otherwise I would have been too anaemic to have ECP next week. They also gave me a magnesium infusion. I’d forgotten how weird they make you feel. It’s like you are burning from the inside. Everything feels like it should be hot. It also makes you feel really heavy, like you’ve got a heavy weight bearing down on you. 

My kidney function is a little off at present and they have swabbed to work out what bug I’ve picked up. They will be in touch over the weekend or Monday with results from today to tell me what we’re dealing with and if there are any other precautions I need to take. 

Saw my Little Sis Gail Thompson tonight. Always good to catch up after a break. Thanks for the fish and chips. We toasted our Big Sis Dawn Marsh and wished her well in her recovery from a knee replacement. Painful days but hopefully worth it to get your mobility back. Love you both lots. 

I think a duvet day may be in store tomorrow. Lol. 


This post is dedicated to all you wonderful life savers out there. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are amazing. Keep being that way because as you can see from my post what you do makes a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment