Monday 28 May 2018

World Blood Cancer Day 2018

Well it’s been a week of contrasts for me. My long suffering partner went away with a friend for a week of R&R. I decided that while they we gone I would try and get out large hallway and spare room decorated. I put a shout out for help to my close friends and family and some very special people came and over the course of 7 days my house was transformed. I have some amazing people in my life. 

The week didn’t start well though. I had a Macmillan Unit appointment at my local hospital and was told my HB, red blood cells, had plummeted again and I needed a blood transfusion. So the next day I went back and received the gift of life from 2 altruistic strangers in the form of two bags of nice and juicy red cells. 

It’s weird thing that when you are so used to your blood counts being low that you don’t notice you only have half the blood of everyone else. Once you receive the transfusion though, you suddenly have all this energy. 

I want to say a huge thank you to all those people who made a difference to my life this week. You are an amazing bunch. I’d also like to encourage everyone to consider becoming blood donors and stem cell donors. #DKMS and #AnthonyNolanTrust have some great info about going on the registry and #MDSUK and Patient Liaison Sophie have loads of great resources about my rare blood cancer. Also #givebloodnhs will tell you about how easy it is to donate blood. 

Today is World Blood Cancer Day #WBCD and what a great day to acknowledge that and all who suffer or haven’t made it, I dedicate this post to them and all our supporters especially Gail Dawn Sally Jane Tina and Alan, Deborah and Barry, Mark, Annie, Keith,Tony and Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment