Monday 11 December 2017

Mixed Blessings

Today was a real mixed day.

Over the weekend my car was broken into. The thieves ransacked the car and stole my dash cam and some other personal items. The lead for the dash cam was wrapped around the rear view mirror. Instead of unplugging it, the scumbags yanked the camera which ripped the rear view mirror off and bring down the housing unit for the city breaking system.

The thieves were disturbed further down the road whilst rummaging in a BMW. I’ve since found out that keyless entry cars are vulnerable to being hacked and that the only way to stop this is to keep your keys in a metal box or buy a Farraday Cage Protection pouch. You can get these for less that £10 on line. I wish I had known this before. Am only posting this in detail so that other readers can protect themselves and their property.

I went to the hospital today for an extra appointment because the consultant was worried about me. My partner took the car to the dealership to see if it could be fixed. It was a bit of a struggle going on my own. Another hidden aspect to having had the car trashed.

The staff at Kings in the supportive therapy unit were lovely, as always. My blood pressure remains a little high. My temp was ok my oxygen levels were slightly low. They took bloods and swabs of my throat and nose.

The bloods came back showing that I’m still anaemic but at present don’t need a transfusion. They will check again next week. My white cells and platelets are ok though, so that’s good. Apparently my kidneys are showing signs of being unhappy and will need a closer eye kept on them. The biggest concern is that my bone marrow biopsy has shown that I still have some signs of dysplasia. The young doctor I saw couldn’t comment further but said to speak to the consultant next week. She did say the consultant said it’s ok and this can happen.

I came out of the hospital feeling a little shell shocked. I was greeted by a beautiful sunset and it reminded me to keep the faith and believe in the light and not to concentrate on the darkness.

When I got home my partner told me the garage had fixed the car as a good will gesture for FREE. Oh my days. What with that and people setting up a just giving page for me, I’ve been fighting back the tears all evening.

Despite all the horrible things that have happened to me I still have so many good things in my life. There are definitely more decent, honest and loving people in the world than thriving scumbags.

Thank you for your continued love and support. I will keep you posted when I have more news. In the meantime I’m sending you love, hugs and prayers and lots of light for the dark days.

Xx

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a difficult time at the hospital. Things do not seem at all straightforward for you. However it is very good news that the garage fixed your car for nothing. I was also @ Kings yesterday in the urology department. I am to have a cytoscopy to see if there is lymphoma in my bladder as well as outside. Urologist also talking of fitting a stent in my left ureter. Lots of love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the comment above was published by Diana Lockyer

    ReplyDelete