Tuesday 25 June 2019

Make God laugh, tell her your plans!

Another day, another dollar.

My day started with a protest and joining the NEU picket line at John Roan to support the amazing teachers and staff still fighting for the right to have the best of education for the current and future generations of Greenwich children. It has to be a really worthy cause to get me out of bed at that time of day. These teachers need our love and respect. They have put up with so much.

Then it was home to my morning medications and breakfast. Next it was lots of phone calls to sort out broadband and mobile issues due to changing providers. This should be a stark warning to everyone. I was a loyal Virgin Media customer for 25 years. I was paying around £120 a month for broadband, tv, phone and mobile x2 bundle. It gradually crept up. I rang to ask what they could do to bring the price down and treat me like a new customer. I was only offered a £10 discount. I said that wasn’t good enough so Niamh in disconnections said “in that case they would send me a box and i was to send their equipment back to them and be disconnected in a month” Once i got her name I thanked Niamh for being so helpful.

I did some research and it seems Plusnet had a really good deal and came out very well I reviews. I now have an even better package than I had before because I get BT Sports and can now watch the premiership football and I’m getting broadband, TV, landline and mobile x2 for £56.

It seems loyalty counts for nothing in this consumerist society we live in. It’s worth ringing round to see if you can get a better deal. So far I’ve been impressed by Plusnet. Their customer service is so much better than Niamh and Virgin Media.

After all this I had to head off to Kings for my regular clinic appointment while my partner went to oversee the pick up of my mums furniture which was being shipped to Ireland. I’m telling you, you couldn’t make this up. When the guy arrived with his lorry, he said that he had had 2 hip replacements and couldn’t lift. Also he was told the stuff was in a pallet and outside. Oh my days. Apparently it says this in the paperwork so we. Ow have to pay a £36 wasted journey fee. I wouldn’t mind but there has been loads of correspondence with the company and we sent picture of all the stuff wrapped and taped up and they never mentioned it needed to be outside.  Now I need to get the help of my brothers-in-law to get the stuff to the garage. I’ve also had to cancel my trip for now until I can arrange another collection. What a palaver. It seems the days of people taking real pride in doing a good job are long gone. Life eh? No point letting it wind you up.

Next bit of news is that Kings them discovered my magnesium and calcium was very low and needed urgent replacement. I was meant to go to Guys for ECP as they managed to fix the machine and squeeze me in but Kings wouldn’t let me go. At this point I just sighed. Would nothing run smoothly today? I was meant to be at a meeting at 6.45pm but I’m not going to get out of here till gone 7pm. Sigh... I can’t grumble about Kings. They have swabbed my badly behaving PEG and organised some extra blood tests to look into why my electrolytes keep dropping.

You may remember I said that Henry, the doctor was going to chat about me at the multidisciplinary meeting. They have decided to stop the ciclosporine and start me on tacrolimus and MMF to see if that helps with the GvHD symptoms. More pills to swallow but let’s hope the reach the spot where other have failed. We live in hope.

So all in all a weird day that has by no means gone according to plan. I always say the best way to make God laugh is tell her your plans.

I hope whatever you have/had planned for today has gone well. If it hasn’t I hope you’ve found patience and understanding and love and light surrounding you.

Ps the strange look and weird eyes are the effects of the magnesium infusion. It makes you feel weird as well as really hot and thirsty.





No comments:

Post a Comment