Thursday 8 February 2024

Rebel Rev at it again!




 I’ve had a busy day so far. It started with a chat on BBC Radio Kent about a silent disco happening in Canterbury Cathedral. Then I had an interview for the TV in the form of BBC South East on the same subject. Next I was off to physio in Dulwich and now I’m at haematology in King's College Hospital. The nurse commented that my blood pressure was slightly raised. I just laughed. 


This week I took the funeral of Maggie’s cousin Joe. It was a very unusual funeral. I always do stand alone unique services within my own framework. Joe was such a mischievous cheeky chappy that I decided to lift jokes from his Facebook page and intersperse them throughout the service. I was slightly apprehensive as I’d not done that before but I felt Joe’s family and friends would find it apt. I set off the day before as the service was in Slough and I didn’t want to risk the motorway on the day. I got to the hotel and said to Maggie, “oh no, I haven’t got my clerical collar” As we checked in I spotted a wedding brochure that was made of white card. I nabbed one and Maggie cut a strip into the right size to slip inside my collar. Lol. As she held it up to me, I suddenly realised I’d forgotten my robes too. What an EEJIT of the highest order. Fortunately my sister and daughter were coming the next day so I was able to ask them to collect and bring my robes. 


The reason, not that I need one, for all this is because as I was finishing off packing I had a call from the hospital to tell me a I covid again. Oh my days. I’d already had it for nearly 3 weeks at that point. Needless to say the Covid and the forgetfulness did not put me off my stride and the funeral went very well with lots of laughter as well as tears. Lynn I think Joe would’ve been calling me a silly mare and laughing at my predicament. However I pulled it off and none of you guys knew anything about it. 


Onwards and upwards. Let’s see what today’s blood test and swab shows. Who knows maybe it’s bubonic plaque knowing my luck. I shall keep smiling anyway as it makes everyone wonder what I’ve been up to. 

Have a good day folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment