Thursday 2 August 2018

Rebel Rev is crap literally...

Hi Everyone,

The last few days have been a real challenge. I had my 2nd day of ECP yesterday and my line has continued to play up. In the end they had to put a cannula in. It took them 3 attempts but they got there in the end. They have decided enough is enough and I have to have a new line in. Oh what joy. They are also considering putting me on weekly ECP instead of fortnightly until this blip has subsided. 

My gut is still very inflamed and I’m not absorbing much. They gave me a two day break from the feed but I still had to have all my medicine via my tube. It’s not long after that goes in that I end up either throwing up or running to the loo or even worse both! I am so exhausted with it all. Today is the first day I haven’t got dressed. 

I’ve been on a huge dose of anti diarrhoea medication and so far it hasn’t made a difference. They have doubled the dose now. Oh my days! 

The plan is to up the medication until things are being absorbed and up the feed until it can be tolerated and then wean the TPN. They would still like this to happen in order for me to go home next week. Then it can all be managed as an outpatient. 

I’ve told them I’m worried as I have a holiday booked in a couple of weeks and I really don’t want to lose all that money that’s been paid for the fare. I’ve already lost £200 due to not being able to attend a weekend I had booked. I can’t get insurance just now so can’t claim it back. 

Please keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming my way and visualise me getting over the the Emerald Isle and breathing in the fresh mountain air. 


I do appreciate all the visits and messages and pressies and cards. You are a great bunch of people and I am blessed by your presence in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment