Saturday 25 August 2018

Rebel Rev becomes an astronaut

I’m having a lovely time in the mountains in Ireland. Not a medic or needle in sight. Bliss. Maybe my failed cannula bruises may have healed by the time I get back to London. 

It’s weird wandering around with a tube coming out of my nose. People react in different ways. Some take it in their stride and make eye contact and smile. Others glance when they think I’m not looking and look away when I raise my eyes. Some completely avoid looking at me. And some overcompensate and stare. 

The tube makes people think I’m sicker than I am. With my feed tucked in my rucksack on my back and the tube running from there into the one in my nose makes it look like I’m an astronaut. That’s what I tell the kids anyway. One child walked around my table twice to get a good look at me early. I just smile. No point letting in wind me up. 

Tomorrow is my grandsons birthday. Hopefully the day will be good and we can go and have some fun. 


Hope you are having fun where ever you are too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment