Tuesday 13 November 2018

Another long and challenging day

Today was a bit of a day and a half. I had to be at Kings at 12.30pm. I had been busy trying to get myself ready for a trip and some nice treats later this week. I was also doing a bit of housework and some admin. In other words being a woman and multitasking.

All of a sudden my lovely Maggie walked head first into the cupboard and cut her head. Oh my days. I had to steristrip the wound before I went off to my appointment.

I got to Kings and had my bloods taken and then went off to see my little skin and blister Gail. After an hour I went back to haematology outpatients to get my results. It seems my electrolytes are all over the place. Despite the 6 hour infusion of phosphate that I had last week, it’s still in its boots. My magnesium and calcium were also low. They had to give me IV calcium as it was that low. I take calcium every day as well as magnesium. It seems my gut just won’t absorb them at present.

I was given a check over and was told I had a little bit of a wheeze. I said it happens from time to time. They have taken some swabs in case I have a virus and given me an inhaler. They also want me back next Monday to check the electrolytes again and do a lung function test and xray.

I finally got away at 6.15pm. I got footed it back home as I had a meeting with a great bunch of people fighting the forced academisation of my grandsons school.

Finally got in at 10pm and had to eat something and sort out my medication for my trip as well as take my evening dose and crush what I could to put in my PEG. The effervescent phosphate goes down the PEG which is great because it tastes disgusting. Sadly it upsets my stomach so much it’s like swamp water coming out of me. Kinda defeats the object uh? Oh well. Let’s see if things improve with a week of treats. I’m sure even if I don’t physically feel better that emotionally and spiritually it will do me good.

I hope you also have a good week. Whatever the weather don’t forget to bring your own sunshine.

Xx 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment