Tuesday 6 November 2018

Poor Rebel Rev has to take statins. Will it ever end?

Today was one of those days. I was at Kings for a clinic appointment. Parking was worse than normal but I had just lined myself up to a parking space and was indicating and had started to reverse when this twat jumped into the space in his BMW. The cars behind him saw what he did and started to bib him. I was incensed. After I had my blood test I went and out this note on the young mans car. I wanted to rant and rave and swear at him but somehow managed to control myself.

My mood wasn’t improved by my appointment. I’ve been told I have to take statins as my lipids are all sky high even on a fasting blood test. I’ve been warned I may feel horrible until I get the right drug for me. Oh what joy. Don’t I already feel bad enough?

Then I was told that my phosphate has gone really low again even though I only stopped it 2 days ago. My magnesium has also dropped so I have to increase that too. The phosphate is so low that I have to go back to Kings and have a 6 hour infusion of it. They think it’s because my gut is not absorbing properly. It’s very irritating as I was hoping to get away with only one visit to the hospital this week. Oh well such is life.

It can be tough to keep cheerful in the face of all of this. Sometimes it feels like it’s never ending. The medication causes problems and you need more medication to combat the side effects. Every day can be a struggle of pain, stiffness, nausea, breathlessness and fatigue. Sometimes I just want a bit of a break. Surely it’s not too much to ask. The last thing I needed was the young man who stole my parking space. Like I said let’s hope he gets his Khama.

No comments:

Post a Comment