Saturday 9 February 2013

A year in focus

Wow, what a year! It seems impossible to me that a year has gone past already. And what amazing experiences I have had during that time. Some people don’t have these experiences in a lifetime yet alone a year.

At one point during the year I became very ill and had to take time off and was in hospital myself. That time of enforced stillness made me realise a few things. It is really important that all of us look after ourselves. For a person doing a job like mine, that is doubly so. I hadn’t been doing such a good job and I learned the hard way.

As a result I have now learned to more effectively pace myself. I take regular breaks in the sun and get right away from all demands. I take time each evening to just stop for a moment and leave the day behind. I try to make sure there is a balance between work, family and church commitments. I try to nurture the me that needs some fun, as well as the studious me who loves to learn new things. I try to also get a balance between the physical and the sedentary. It’s not easy and I don’t always get it right but I hope I’m still open to learn how to achieve these things more effectively.

I feel immensely privileged to be doing this job and I am grateful to all the people who have allowed me to share parts of their journeys.

I’m looking forward to the next year and all that lays ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment