Tuesday 17 July 2018

Rebel Rev feels for the teenagers

It’s too hot again. Oh my days. I put the Tele on and there was a really interesting programme about teenagers with cancer. I can’t imagine what it must be like to go through all this when you’ve got all that teenage angst to deal with too.

What really struck me was the different approaches to having cancer on a teenage ward. The kids have games, DVDs, music therapy, famous visitors, complimentary therapy, trips out, residential conferences called “don’t lose your sense of tumour” Of course most of this is funded by Clic Sargent, Teenage Cancer Trust and Macmillan.

Just think how much better it would be if some of those things were included on the adult wards? I really need something to do during these long and isolating days. I am more than the sum of my physical well being. I have spiritual and emotional needs and above all I need fun and a little bit of mischief. Oh well I can dream.

Let’s hope I hit the land of nod soon or they will be taking my 2 am ob’s and I’ll still be awake. As long as I’m asleep by the 6am ob’s that would be worse I suppose.

Right I will switch off this blue light and listen to the radio. Night peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment