Tuesday 17 July 2018

Rebel Rev has a liquid lunch

Evening everyone,

Hope you are well tonight and enjoying life. 

Eric the cyclops is very hungry tonight. Look at the big bag he’s got. Apparently it doesn’t like sunlight so has to be covered. It’s called TPN and is a way of feeding me and getting some calories in. They can’t do the camera test because they can’t safely sedate me. They have decided to take the slightly risky choice to feed me through my line so this is all going directly into my bloodstream. TPN through a line carries a higher risk of infection in those of us that are immunocompromised. It can also be hard for the liver to break everything down. They feel they can’t leave it any longer though because my body is empty of electrolytes and nourishment. 

They also tried to start me on a special diet. The problem is I don’t eat anything much on the menu. The junior doc is as so lovely. She said it was more important that I ate anything. She offered to go to the shop for me. How kind is that. 

I’ve been told I’m likely to be in for another week while they try and settle things down and get me back on an even keel. 

I think come the weekend I’ll be tying the sheets together and climbing out the window. Lol. 

I have a fan in my room tonight so at least I’m cool. Let’s hope for a better night and that I don’t wake up throwing up. 

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing please make sure you tell those closest to you how much you love and appreciate them. I couldn’t do this without my good friends and family. I’m indebted to you and love you lots. 


Right let’s kick this nonsense up the bum as my friend Dave would say and get on with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment